Milestones is looking for experienced Line Cooks for our Victoria location!
We’re looking for energetic, team-oriented people to join our culinary team.
A Line Cook’s responsibilities include:
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Ensures food quality meets the highest standards and follows Milestone’s established food quality and plating specifications
- Teamwork with all departments to ensure a great guest experience
- Follows established procedures in setup and take-down of kitchen line
- Takes pride in our food program- demonstrates that pride by taking ownership of their dedicated station, sending out food only if it meets Milestone’s highest standards
- May clean kitchen and work area
- May hire and train kitchen staff.
- Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
- Knives, tools, uniform and uniform laundering, thermometers.
- *Candidate must provide their own
PERKS! Why should you work for us?
- Superior training and development program
- Competitive wages
- Flexible scheduling
- Growth and advancement opportunities within the restaurant
- 20% employee discount dining card valid at all RECIPE brands
- And more!
- 3+ years line cooking experience (not prep), including plating, broiling, and following recipes, working in a high-volume non-fast-food restaurant
- English language skills
- Preference for candidates who have completed Food Safety Program
The successful candidate demonstrates a desire to work in a team environment and working well under high stress scenarios with incredible opportunity for career growth. Our Line Cooks take pride in the ownership of the culinary program in their location- if this sounds like you, apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining Milestones, but only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.
$16 - $20/hr plus gratuities, paid bi-weekly
Work location: 812 Wharf St, Victoria, BC V8W 1T3