Recipe Unlimited Corporation is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, St.Hubert, The Keg, Montana’s, Kelseys, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, The Pickle Barrell & Catering, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Teammates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – we are passionate about our industry, we celebrate and support diversity of thought, we are innately curious and encourage our Teammates to take ownership. Above all else, we believe in doing the right thing for our people, our communities and our planet.
The Senior Operations Excellence Manager will specifically work with the Swiss Chalet brand and will have s a direct link to all key stakeholders in the business – Franchisees, Operations, Training and Marketing as well as central teams such as Sourcing, IT Restaurant Systems and Design/Construction to ensure accurate, timely, and effective operation standards.The role of the Senior Operations Excellence Manager is to support the key brand or field operations initiatives from development of initiatives to executing rollouts to field support. This will include project management on all operations initiatives, testing, field audits, franchisee management, and supporting new construction and store design.
What will you do in this role?:
- Develop, operationalize, test and launch of new menu items, restaurant systems and processes and assist with special projects where appropriate
- Project manage several key initiatives start to finish ensuring key deliverables are met and launched within established timeframes. Coordinate and lead the in-restaurant testing of all operational components including menu, equipment and procedures; including selecting test locations, providing support during test, seeking & evaluating feedback and providing recommendations to the appropriate teams
- Develop, improve, and assist in the communication/deployment of Operational initiatives – as directed by the senior operations leadership team
- Manage Brand Standards of Operations; collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to establish or update standards and evaluate effectiveness of standards
- Supporting the Brand construction and design process
- Lead metrics meetings for operational Key Performance Indicator’s and create monthly improvement plans
- Manage projects to improve operational and cost efficiencies
- Champion the brand’s vision and values and contribute to a culture of positivity and high standards
- Ensure effective implementation and compliance of the Steritech and Pest Control Programs.
- Work with the internal Quality Assurance team and external Quality Assurance auditors to identify, correct and follow-up on issues relating to food safety. Provide insight to Brand with respect to unresolved compliance issues relating to food safety.
What are we looking for from you?:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years Restaurant Operations Experience. Must understand operations execution at the restaurant level.
- Collaboration – Must be able to leverage and influence across multifunctional teams and work well in a team or group atmosphere
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and critical thinking skills
- Proactive thinker with the ability to take action
- Strong analytical skills
- Efficient program/project management skills
- Passionate about Brand excellence
- Excellent organizational, multi—tasking and time management skills
- Communication Skills – Strong verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Google Suite Application (Docs, Slides and Sheets) knowledge
What’s in it for you:
- 20% employee discount dining card valid at participating Recipe brands
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment founded on respect
- Ability to work with a close knit team
- Competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, monthly Dining Allowance Program, group RRSP program, and more!
- Growth and development opportunities within the brand
- Career advancement opportunities with a company that owns some of Canada’s most iconic brands
Recipe is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Celebrating people, being passionate and curious, owning it, and doing the right thing are the values that guide how we build our teams, support our franchisees and create a company that unlocks the full potential of everyone.
Recipe is dedicated to providing accommodations in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. For individuals that require accommodations please contact email@example.com.