Fionn MacCool's is looking for a Kitchen Manager at our St.John's Location!
Rich in Irish heritage and tradition, we make each and every guest feel welcome with generous hospitality, a social spirit and a vibrant atmosphere. We offer our unique combination of great food, beverage and live music. Our menu is driven by made-in-pub food, offering a balance between traditional Pub fare and innovative North American recipes. We offer a diverse selection of perfectly poured pints, whiskeys, hand-crafted cocktails and wines. It’s more than you would expect from a typical pub, and so we are seeking more than just your typical people!
The ideal Kitchen Manager thrives on working in a fast paced environment and has strong leadership and motivational skills. As a Kitchen Manager, your primary focus will be to oversee the execution of the brand menu and the restaurant kitchen operations according to brand standards. They should be present during busy times to support their team on the line and helping out where necessary. The Kitchen Manager shows respect for all team members in the pub, their guests and the brand identity.
As the Kitchen Manager, passion and enthusiasm for culinary, people and development of your team and the brand are a must!
- Manage inventory, par levels, food and culinary labour costs
- Prepare culinary team schedules to meet the needs of the pub and budget guidelines
- Recruit, interview and hire new staff
- Oversee training and development of the kitchen team, ensuring constant improvement in culinary skills
- Ensure consistency of quality, portion control and plated presentation
- Ensure recipe adherence in kitchen execution of all products served
- Oversee adherence to legislative and food handling requirements
- Implement and adhere to the Health and Safety policies and procedures outlined in the Health and Safety Program (i.e. proper safe food service, Occupational Health & Safety Act, WHMIS, Human Rights Code, Employment Standards, etc.)
- Daily review of QSA logbook and to address concerns immediately
- Liaison with the Training Manager, oversee training and development of BOH team, completion of eLearning, hiring and improved culinary skills
- Minimum 2-3 years management experience working in a high-volume casual dining restaurant
- Post-secondary education in culinary, hospitality and/or business related field an asset
- Working towards Red Seal
- Food Safety Certification
- Strong business acumen, including an understanding of budgets and operating costs
- Excellent knowledge of food, food handling and preparation
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and direct others
What we offer you:
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment
- A workplace founded on respect
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit team
- A strong and effective training program
- A supporting and encouraging Leadership team
- Potential for personal development
- Career opportunities within a leading Canadian Company
PERKS! Why should you work for us?
- 20% employee discount dining card valid at all RECIPE brands
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive wages
- Growth and advancement opportunities within the restaurant
- Career advancement opportunities in a company that has more than 1400 restaurants across Canada
Interested? If your skills and career goals match what we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you! Apply online today.
Recipe is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Celebrating people, being passionate and curious, owning it, and doing the right thing are the values that guide how we build our teams, support our franchisees and create a company that unlocks the full potential of everyone.
Recipe is dedicated to providing accommodations in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. For individuals that require accommodations please contact email@example.com.
Some opportunities may exist with our Franchise partners which are independently owned and operated.