Recipe Unlimited Corporation (formerly Cara Operations Limited) is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelseys, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, St-Hubert, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – along with competitive compensation, we operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective team work and self-motivation to work independently are harmonious traits.
The role of the Director of Operations is to lead and oversee the financial and operations functions for Montana's BBQ and Bar.
As a senior member of the Brand, the Director participates in establishing Brand strategies, operating plans and standards and takes the lead in their execution across the entire Brand. Results are achieved through the ability to lead and develop others and the key financial performance measures within the region including sales, SRS, Guest Traffic, EBITDA, guest experience scores, food safety, as well as associate engagement.
What will you do in this role?:
Deliver a Perfect Guest Experience
- Lead and execute the development of strategic, operating and guest experience plans
- Coach leaders to ensure consistent delivery on our Brand promises by creating quality food and beverages and an inviting atmosphere in accordance with Brand Standards
People Development - Associate Engagement
- Lead Business Development Managers and other leaders in the Brand by coaching, mentoring and holding leaders accountable to deliverables including budgets, scores, sales and controllables
- Develops and inspires engaged leaders by providing regular feedback as well as formal development and ongoing coaching
- Growing talent at all levels in the Brand, including General Manager and BDM talent as well as selecting the best talent through the selection process to ensure positive succession plans and career development while properly staffing all locations
Financial and Restaurant Profitability
- Set clear business objectives and financial targets for the Brand and individual locations. Use available data and regular reporting to hold team accountable for delivering to the budget. Collaborate with leaders to build plans that enhance or restore financial health to the business
- Lead and inspire field operations to drive sales growth plans, theoretical reviews and cost control solutions as well as culinary expectations
- Identify and recommend capital improvements that support business development across the area I.e. renovations etc.
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of competitive activity and communicate relevant information
- Liaison with Vendors to ensure the Brand is maximizing support and cost savings for the Brand
- Maintain food and labour costs and overall costs in accordance with Budget and Brand standards
- Regular reporting and communicating of Brand results and plan with various company leaders
- Hold leaders accountable for ensuring compliance with employment standards, human rights, Health & Safety, WHMIS, Food Safety and all other standards within the Brand
What are we looking for from you?:
- University degree or College diploma in restaurant and hospitality management an asset but not required
- Minimum five years multi-unit management experience with full P&L responsibility-restaurant, hospitality or retail experience preferred
- Strong leadership record with the ability to influence and build relationships
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Results focused leader that consistently drives for business results
- Strong analytical and organizational abilities, including problem solving and the ability to work with ambiguity
- Must be able to build trust and rapport with business partners, confronting and resolving issues and ability to overcome resistance
- Effective verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to travel extensively in large area - a valid driving license is required
Why work for us?
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment
- A workplace founded on respect
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit team
- A strong and effective training program
- A supporting and encouraging Leadership team
- Potential for personal development
- Career opportunities within a leading Canadian Company
Recipe Unlimited Corporation offers a great open office work environment, with a competitive salary, group benefits for full time salaried employees, and a 20% discount to most of our restaurants.
As part of our accessibility commitment, We are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At this time, we do not require assistance from recruitment agencies. Any candidates submitted via staffing and employment agencies will not be considered.