At Recipe our vision is to be the leader of the restaurant industry in Canada by being the best branded restaurant company in the world. The successful candidate will have in integrale role as the Assistant Manager, supporting the Restaurant General Manager in operating our flag ship Harvey’s training location, and be responsible for the day to day operations of the restaurant. You will also be in trusted to lead our in restaurant Restaurant Leadership Course (RLC), training new franchisee’s and Restaurant Managers. With your strong restaurant experience, solid leadership and proven team building skills you will also be responsible for hiring, training and leading focused and engaged Managers and Associates to deliver on our promise of the Perfect Guest experience. You will be accountable to consistently achieve Brand and Recipe standards in the restaurant and your strong business acumen and knowledge of root cause analysis will ensure that you assist future leaders in continuously growing business results. As a strong people leader you also demonstrate an enthusiastic commitment to people development and continuous improvement. You will be required to operate the restaurants within established budget guidelines – annual volume responsibility may range from $1 million to $2 million in sales revenue.
MAKE YOUR CAREER A BEAUTIFUL THING AT HARVEY’S
For over 60 years, Harvey’s has been serving great tasting, flame-grilled burgers to Canadians. We are on a journey and are always looking for great people to be part of this iconic 100% Canadian brand that has homegrown roots across the country.
You have the ability to take charge and own every shift you lead while making sure every Guest’s visit is a Beautiful Thing! You are an exceptional Associate that inspires others, brings passion to the task and acts as a role model for others to follow. You will show your brand love by bringing the Harvey’s culture to life in restaurant by giving every Guest an exceptional experience and encouraging them to return.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Monitor the improve of all KPI's regarding Guest satisfaction
- Deliver a Perfect Guest Experience*
- Training People Development - Associate Engagement*
- Training & Development of New RLC candidates, Managers and Associates. Ensuring RLC training program is being followed, regular assessments and feedback provided through one-on-one meetings, training and development, regular coaching, and performance improvement measures.
- Identify root causes of gaps in Guest satisfaction and assist in the development of corrective and proactive action plans where approrpriate
- Follow-up and successfully resolve Guest complaints and ensure root cause is identified and corrected
- Financial and Restaurant Profitability*
- Restaurant Quality/Operational Excellence*
- Food and Restaurant Safety*
- Leverage Recipe programs and resources in the development of Associates and Managers to enhance retention and support the “Grow from Within” strategy
- Develop tactics that create an engaging environment where all Associates work together as a team, have fun and show genuine appreciation for our Guests and each other
- Provide input on the development of sales budgets and responsible for the successful execution of these budgets
- Maintain and enhance brand standards by ensuring systems and processes are in place through regular restaurant evaluations and action planning. Ensure product quality, cleanliness, Guest service and internal controls are consistently maintained
- Minimum two years management experience with full P&L responsibility – restaurant, hospitality or retail experience preferred
- Must have the “H” Gene. Genuine Hospitality includes a warm engaging personality, ability to make connections and showing appreciation for Associates and Guests.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Results focused leader that consistently drives for business results.
- Ability to understand complex business metrics and KPIs and recognize how they can be improved in the operation
- Proficient people manager with coaching experience and the ability to listen and respond effectively to Associate and Guest concerns
- Ability to write reports summarizing restaurant and staff accomplishments and status updates
- Mediation and facilitation skills in order to ensure Guest and Associate related concerns are dealt with immediately and effectively
- Ability to travel in the local area – a valid driving license is required
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM!
Unparalleled Growth Prospects
At Harvey’s, we genuinely care about our people! We promote a culture of continued learning, development and growth not only within the Harvey’s restaurant but also providing opportunities within the RECIPE Unlimited Corporation group of restaurants like Swiss Chalet, Kelseys, Montana’s and many more.
Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance
20% Discount at RECIPE Unlimited Corporation group of restaurants (restrictions apply)
If you want to be part of the Harvey’s team and make the burgers of all Canadians A Beautiful Thing...take a look at the following positions available within our Harvey’s restaurants.
RECIPE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we thank all candidates who apply for this role however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to reference checks and background checks, including a criminal record check as part of the selection process.