Become a Corporate Chef/Culinary Director with the Landing!
Who We Are
Our mission is simple: to create fun and genuine experiences to show people that we care! How do we do that? We start at the heart of the house where our chefs flex their creative muscles in their kitchen with an authentic menu with scratch desserts, dressings and sauces. Our FOH team members bring the energy and enthusiasm to provide our guests with unique experiences that better their lives. Our entire team works together with a focus on learning and growth to develop themselves personally and professionally. We take pride in fostering the curiosity of our team members by mentoring and coaching our team to ensure their success. We represent the communities that have been a hub for our valued guests! We are the center of it all. The hub for any and all occasions. As a small restaurant group, starting to grow at a rapid speed we are actively looking for individuals who are passionate about learning, coaching and leading, to be part of our growing team!
Why Work With Us
- Oversee the talented group of Landing chefs to develop menus and innovative new ways to improve the systems and standards for our entire organization.
- Better your local community with programs that create a positive change in our communities!
- Be a part of the Recipe family! Home to iconic brands such as Swiss Chalet, The Keg, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelseys, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, and East Side Mario’s. We are taking over the country with more than 700 restaurants across Canada.
- Operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective teamwork and independent self-direction are harmonious traits.
Who You Are.
- Advocate and demonstrate living our culture to ensure that our vision translates into reality in the workplace.
- Be our creative culinary expert and possess the drive to revolutionize the hospitality industry by leading Menu Design including: Research & Development, Recipe Creation, Costing and Sourcing as well as the launch & overseeing execution.
- Find the best culinary talent in the business and train them to execute at an optimal level, establishing internal growth and development of chefs, sous and all supporting kitchen staff.
- Manage bill times, food quality, recipe adherence overall for the brand ensuring that our executive chefs feel supported and motivated to achieve their targets.
- Empower chefs to achieve cleanliness, positive steritech scores, health & safety procedures and equipment maintenance by executing consistent follow up and coaching.
- Consistently ensure every team member, guest and stakeholder receives the best product by overseeing food quality, ordering, receiving, storage, production, line checks etc.
- Coach and mentor your team members by exemplifying training and professional development with your senior leaders and their kitchen teams.
- Success in Metrics, leading and operating a high volume kitchen or experience as a Regional Chef or Corporate Chef.
- The Ability to Recruit, Select, Train & Develop a Team that promotes from within.
- The belief that our mission and vision can’t be achieved without our people.
- The ability to implement and evaluate the success of structured systems and protocols to create healthy operational results.
- An optimistic attitude that inspires your team members and communication skills that promote mutual trust and respect
- Proven favourable business acumen with an active understanding of budgets, operating costs and the ability to think ten steps ahead to lead the brand towards continued success.
- A passion for learning! Diploma in Culinary Management and/or Chef Accreditation is preferred