The Pickle Barrel began with a mission. We believed that amazing dining experiences didn’t need to be elitist, so we began a restaurant that combined ‘quality’ with ‘incredible value’. Today we have restaurants across the Greater Toronto, our menu has ss300 items and we have over 1,000 employees.
We are looking for a Kitchen Manager who is energetic, passionate and hospitable about people and experts in providing the Perfect Guest Experience.
- Assists in the day-to-day leadership and management of a Pickle Barrel restaurant as directed by the General Manager (GM);
- Accountable for key financials and KPI's in partnership with the management team;
- Develops the ability to effectively run culinary operations and lead all shifts to Brand standard;
- Enforces policies and procedures and follows disciplinary action standards. Ensures that legal and company standards are met and follow-up quickly on all employee complaints;
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment;
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices;
- Executes training and development of team members through orientations, ongoing feedback, and establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews on a regular basis.
- Minimum 2-3 years management experience working in a high-volume casual dining restaurant;
- Post-secondary education, preferably in hospitality and/or business related field;
- Strong business acumen, including an understanding of budgets and operating costs;
- Excellent knowledge of food, food handling and preparation;
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and direct others.
The successful candidate is expected to be a leader in demonstrating behaviours consistent with Cara's Culture Statement, We Create Perfect Guest Experiences Because We Genuinely Care About Our Guests. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online today!
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Pickle Barrel team; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.