Harvey's is looking for a billingual Business Development Manager (BDM) to join the team in the Ottawa and surrounding area.
Recipe Unlimited Corporation is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, St.Hubert, The Keg, Montana’s, Kelseys,, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, The Landing Group, New York Fries, The Burger’s Priest, Fresh Kitchen + Juice Bar The Pickle Barrel & Catering, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Teammates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – we are passionate about our industry, we celebrate and support diversity of thought, we are innately curious and encourage our Teammates to take ownership. Above all else, we believe in doing the right thing for our people, our communities and our planet.
For over 60 years, Harvey’s has been serving great tasting, flame-grilled burgers to Canadians. We are on a journey looking for great people to be part of this iconic 100% Canadian brand that has homegrown roots across the country.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, The Business Development Manager (BDM) - Harvey's is accountable for key performance measures including sales, margin and restaurant P&L’s within their region. The BDM is a restaurant’s primary point of contact and is responsible for partnering with Franchise Partners and GMs to develop and facilitate the required capabilities to deliver results and ensure every Guest leaves happy.
What you will do in this role:
- Deliver a perfect Guest experience by spending time in restaurants to observe the overall execution and ambiance and ensure the resolution of high care customer complaints
- Establish and build a trusting relationship with Franchise Partners by conducting purpose driven restaurant visits to improve business results across all 4 pillars of focus
- Champion the delivery, execution and adoption of Recipe Food Safety & Quality standards in stores
- Communicate and share brand standards and available resources that assist the Franchise Partner/ GM to remedy the gaps while conducting audits
- Evaluate Restaurant Scorecard and identify gaps to coach Franchise Partner/GMs to ensure continuous improvement
- Conduct Operational Blitz set by Recipe Leadership Team to identify gaps, opportunities and determine root causes in operating standards to ensure overall Guest satisfaction.
- Establish clear business goals and financial targets with Franchise Partner/GM
- Lead all areas of new restaurant openings and renovations and ensure that new restaurants reach their business goals
- Communicate and influence store level buy-in of restaurant ready marketing plans and program
- Work with corporate GM, and Franchise partners on succession planning to maintain and improve retention
- Follow up to ensure Franchise Partners who are enrolled in the management training program are progressing on track
- Conduct regular reviews of training participation rates and ensure completion rates and participation rates are on track for key initiatives i.e LTOs, safety blitzes, Business certification programs etc.
- Ensure effective implementation and compliance of the Steritech and Pest Control Programs, employment standards, human rights, health and safety, WHMIS etc.
- Support stores with their local and community store marketing initiatives to improve community engagement
What we are looking for from you:
- Minimum 5 years of Restaurant Management and/or Hospitality experience
- Advanced knowledge of New Restaurant Opening Procedures, Renovation Processes, and Budgeting processes
- Excellent leadership and facilitation skills with the ability to effectively lead and inspire teams
- Ability to listen actively and respond constructively to Teammates while prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Intermediate knowledge of Franchise Agreements and Partnerships
- Working knowledge of the Google Workspace
- Ability to travel within the Ottawa and surrounding area
- Familiarity with technology tools to self-serve reports, Restaurant Scorecards, RMS, Axonify etc.
- Action oriented individual with excellent communication skills
What’s in it for you?:
- You’d be joining a close-knit, innovative team of creative and energetic go-getters
- You’d be a part of Canada’s largest full-service restaurant company that leads the industry in size and innovation
- 20% associate discount dining card and monthly dining allowance valid at participating Recipe brands
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment founded on respect
- Career advancement opportunities with a company that owns some of Canada’s most iconic restaurant brands
- Industry-leading benefits, wellness programs, and total rewards programs
Recipe is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Celebrating people, being passionate and curious, owning it, and doing the right thing are the values that guide how we build our teams, support our franchisees and create a company that unlocks the full potential of everyone.
Recipe is dedicated to providing accommodations in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. For individuals that require accommodations please contact email@example.com.