Recipe Unlimited Corporation is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, St.Hubert, The Keg, Montana’s, Kelseys, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, the Burger’s Priest, The Pickle Barrel & Catering, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Teammates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – we are passionate about our industry, we celebrate and support diversity of thought, we are innately curious and encourage our Teammates to take ownership. Above all else, we believe in doing the right thing for our people, our communities and our planet.
The Senior Brand Accountant (12 Month Contract) is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day accounting functions at Home Office and for providing accounting support to a designated brand.
- Preparation of monthly operating financial statements according to established timeframes
- Prepare month end journal entries
- Liaise with restaurants and internal departments (i.e. Accounts Payable/Receivable, Banking, Payroll, Tax and Real Estate)
- Monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Liaise with restaurant managers and provide guidance and support on accounting issues and cost reviews of the monthly operating statements
- Preparation of year-end audit working papers
- Ad-hoc projects, analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in commerce of business
- 5+ years experience
- Experience with finance applications of enterprise systems (JDE preferred)
- Strong accounting knowledge, with CPA designation
- Ability to work towards and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to learn and ability to coach where training or implementation of procedures is required
- Ability to plan one’s own workload and manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, with knowledge of Excel pivot tables and v-lookups. Google suite (Sheets and BigQuery) would be an asset
- Strong analytical skills for P & L analysis and account reconciliations
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible/Hybrid work environment
- You’d be joining a close-knit, innovative team of creative and energetic go-getters
- You’d be a part of Canada’s largest full-service restaurant company that leads the industry in size and innovation
- 20% associate discount dining card and monthly dining allowance valid at participating Recipe brands
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment founded on respect
Recipe is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Celebrating people, being passionate and curious, owning it, and doing the right thing are the values that guide how we build our teams, support our franchisees and create a company that unlocks the full potential of everyone.
Recipe is dedicated to providing accommodations in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. For individuals that require accommodations please contact email@example.com.