Bier Markt is looking for a Restaurant Operations Manager
at our Ottawa Location
At Bier Markt we believe 'Bier is beautiful' and it deserves a sophisticated experience! We create an unforgettable dining experience rooted in exploration and discovery by guiding our Guests through the art of pairing over 150 Biers with made from scratch meals. Whether you crave the rush of the floor, or prefer keeping the show running from behind closed doors, we've got a home for you here at Bier Markt!
WE HAVE A PURPOSE: Pour. Pair. Share.
At the Bier Markt, we believe BIER IS ART and when paired with food it unlocks a new experience. We call it the GUIDED JOURNEY and it is the gift that we share with the world.
What you will do in this role:
- Achieve budgeted sales, sales increases, controllable cash flow, and corporate contributions
- Manage shift schedule to control labour costs
- Provide an exceptional floor presence and visibility during all volume periods
- Liaise with management to execute and implement all national and local store Marketing initiatives
- Encourage and perpetuate Bier Markt’s culture through effective leadership
- Oversee the strict application of Bier Markt’s principles and standards to maximize Guest experience
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 2-3 years supervisory experience working in the Food and Beverage/ Hospitality industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 applications; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication, organizational and social skills
- Proven leadership skills and ability to motivate and direct others in a fast paced environment
- Superior Sales and Marketing knowledge
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent business acumen, with an understanding of budgets and operating costs
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines
What's in it for you:
- 20% discount card valid at participating Recipe brands
- Flexible scheduling
- The chance to be part of a close knit team
- Access to a video library filled with content on Bier knowledge, cooking skills, serving techniques and more
- Prud’homme Beer Certification for Servers and Bartenders - taken care of by us!
- Competitive wages
- Growth and development opportunities within the restaurant
- Career advancement opportunities to work with some of Canada’s most iconic brands
If you have a passion for food and Bier, apply online today!
Recipe is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Celebrating people, being passionate and curious, owning it, and doing the right thing are the values that guide how we build our teams, support our franchisees and create a company that unlocks the full potential of everyone.
Recipe is dedicated to providing accommodations in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. For individuals that require accommodations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know what it’s like to work at the Bier Markt? Check out our Instagram.