Fionn MacCool's is looking for a Kitchen Manager
to join our team at Sudbury Location!
Rich in heritage and tradition, vibrant in culture, generous in hospitality and with social spirit. We make the Pub Guest feel welcome and offer our unique combination of great food, beverage and live music. Our menu is driven by made-in-pub food, offering a balance between traditional Pub fare and innovative recipes. We offer a diverse selection of perfectly poured pints, whiskeys, hand-crafted cocktails and premium wines. It’s more than you would expect from a typical pub, so we are seeking more than just your typical people! If you love people, and are passionate about delivering the ultimate guest experience, we would love for you to join our team!
As a Kitchen Manager, your primary focus will be to oversee the execution of the brand menu and the restaurant’s kitchen operations, according to brand standards. An ideal Kitchen Manager should be present to support their team on the line and help out where necessary. The Kitchen Manager shows respect for all teammates in the Pub, their Guests and the brand’s identity.
What you will do in this role:
- Take pride in all of the food that leaves your kitchen
- Oversee adherence to legislative and food handling requirements
- Implement and adhere to the Health and Safety policies and procedures outlined in the Health and Safety Program (i.e. proper safe food service, Occupational Health & Safety Act, WHMIS, Human Rights Code, Employment Standards, etc.)
- Manage inventory levels and food costs per budget guidelines
- Prepare culinary team schedules to meet the needs of the Pub and budget guidelines
- Recruit, interview and hire new kitchen staff
- Oversee training and development of the kitchen team, ensuring constant improvement in culinary skills
- Ensure consistency of quality, portion control and plated presentation
- Ensure recipe adherence in the kitchen execution of all products served
- Review Guest service and food quality issues daily and address any concerns immediately
- Review communication logbook daily and address any internal concerns immediately
- Partner with the Training Manager to oversee training and development of the Back of House team, completion of eLearning, and improving culinary skills.
What we are looking for from you:
- Passion and enthusiasm for culinary, people and development of your team and the brand
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and direct others
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Superior business acumen, including an understanding of budgets and operating costs
- Minimum 2-3 years of management experience working in a high-volume casual dining restaurant
- Previous experience with navigating inventory management and labour scheduling systems
- Bonus points for post-secondary education in culinary, hospitality and/or a business related field
- Working towards Red Seal Certification
- Food Safety Certification
- Excellent knowledge of food, food handling and preparation
What’s in it for you?
- 20% employee discount dining card valid at participating Recipe brands
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment founded on respect
- Ability to work with a close-knit team
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive wages
- Growth and development opportunities within the restaurant
- Career advancement opportunities in a company that owns some of Canada’s most iconic brands.
Interested in this awesome opportunity? Apply online today, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note some opportunities may exist with our Franchise partners, which are independently owned and operated.
Recipe is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Celebrating people, being passionate and curious, owning it, and doing the right thing are the values that guide how we build our teams, support our franchisees and create a company that unlocks the full potential of everyone.
Recipe is dedicated to providing accommodations in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. For individuals that require accommodations please contact email@example.com.