ORANGEVILLE is Now Hiring an Assistant Kitchen Manager
Welcome to the Roadhouse, re-invented. We’re about fresh ingredients prepared in-house, always indulging outrageously, and never letting a road trip become a guilt trip. We’re about making every journey better and every plate a delicious one.
Ready to hit the road at the Original Roadhouse?
What you will do in this role:
- Be responsible for your timely progress through the Restaurant Leader Certification Program, taking on additional responsibilities as learning and skill enhancements happen
- Be accountable for key financials and key performance indicators (KPIs), in partnership with the management team
- Create a Perfect Guest Experience every time, while focusing on on-going associate development
- Manage food inventory and culinary labour costs
- Prepare culinary team schedules to meet the needs of the restaurant and budget guidelines
- Effectively run culinary operations and lead all shifts to Brand standards
- Assist in day-to-day leadership and management of the restaurant, as directed by the General Manager (GM)
- Oversee the Training and Development of the kitchen team, ensuring continuous improvement in culinary skills
- Ensure consistency of quality, portion control and plating presentation
- Ensure all products are served in adherence to Recipe's kitchen standards
- Oversee adherence to legislative and food handling requirements
- Implement and adhere to the Health and Safety policies and procedures outlined in the Health and Safety Program
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 2-3 years management experience working in a high-volume casual dining restaurant
- Bonus points for post-secondary education in Hospitality and/or a Business related field
- Superior business acumen, including an understanding of budgets and operating costs
- Excellent knowledge of food, food handling and preparation
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and direct others
What’s in it for you
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive wages
- The chance to be part of a close knit team
- A complimentary Management Meal during every shift
- 20% employee discount dining card valid at participating Recipe brands
- Growth and development opportunities within the restaurant
- Career advancement opportunities in a company that owns some of Canada’s most iconic brands
Interested in giving road-trippers a truly Canadian experience? Apply online today!
Recipe is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Celebrating people, being passionate and curious, owning it, and doing the right thing are the values that guide how we build our teams, support our franchisees and create a company that unlocks the full potential of everyone.
Recipe is dedicated to providing accommodations in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. For individuals that require accommodations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.