Recipe Unlimited Corporation is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, St.Hubert, The Keg, Montana’s, Kelseys, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, the Burger’s Priest, The Pickle Barrel & Catering, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Teammates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – we are passionate about our industry, we celebrate and support diversity of thought, we are innately curious and encourage our Teammates to take ownership. Above all else, we believe in doing the right thing for our people, our communities and our planet.
Reporting to the Manager- Payroll, The Payroll Specialist will be a valuable member in a team processing the full cycle payroll processing for our 7000+ Nationwide Canadian employees, ensuring that processes are executed properly and in a timely manner. As the Payroll Specialist at the Recipe, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of Recipe’s bi-weekly payroll. As the Recipe’s subject matter expert on payroll, you will investigate and resolve complex payroll queries, work on different reconciliations while developing and updating payroll documentation. You will be involved in Ceridian Dayforce customization, automation and reporting. As the subject matter expert on the team, you will act as a key frontline support person to employees regarding payroll and RRSP inquiries.
What you will be doing in this role :
- Develop best practices to improve efficiency of payroll processes.
- Oversee employee payroll accounting, transactions and reporting activities.
- Ensure that payroll is processed timely and accurately.
- Assist in payroll calculations, deductions, insurance coverage, wage garnishments, and
- Maintain employee payroll records are up-to-date and accurate.
- Prepare employee wage summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leaves, retirement
savings and benefits.
- Provide support in tax calculation and filing for employees.
- Address payroll related queries and requests from employees.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing payroll procedures.
- Analyze payroll problems and provide appropriate resolutions.
- Coordinate with HR and finance teams to carry out payroll processing.
- Assist in audit operations and implement audit recommendations.
- Ensuring documents are received in a timely manner to meet payroll
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of documentation received
- Inefficiencies resulting in the following up of incomplete / missing paperwork
- Ensuring good planning and time management to meet high volume periods
and tight deadlines
- Occasionally dealing with irate Associates regarding pay issues
- Working with different internal departments and third parties with occasionally
conflicting deadlines and requests
- Problem solving unique situations that arise while maintaining processes,
policies and legislation
What we are looking for from you:
- Experience working with Ceridian Dayforce is required.
- Level 2 Canadian Payroll or Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification
coupled with 5+ years of experience in a payroll environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook/Google Suite
- Fast-learner and able to work with different systems
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple requests while maintaining
- Ability to work in a fast-paced constantly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize time effectively to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information and issues with tact
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and working with a variety of
levels across the organization
What’s in it for you?:
- Flexible/Hybrid work environment
- You’d be joining a close-knit, innovative team of creative and energetic go-getters
- You’d be a part of Canada’s largest full-service restaurant company that leads the industry in size and innovation
- 20% associate discount dining card and monthly dining allowance valid at participating Recipe brands
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment founded on respect
- Career advancement opportunities with a company that owns some of Canada’s most iconic restaurant brands
- Industry-leading benefits, wellness programs, and total rewards programs
Recipe is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Celebrating people, being passionate and curious, owning it, and doing the right thing are the values that guide how we build our teams, support our franchisees and create a company that unlocks the full potential of everyone.
Recipe is dedicated to providing accommodations in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. For individuals that require accommodations please contact email@example.com.