D'arcy McGee's is searching for Supervisors
to join our team at Ottawa location!
Rich in heritage and tradition, vibrant in culture, generous in hospitality and with social spirit. We make the Pub Guest feel welcome and offer our unique combination of great food, beverage and live music. Our menu is driven by made-in-pub food, offering a balance between traditional Pub fare and innovative recipes. We offer a diverse selection of perfectly poured pints, whiskeys, hand-crafted cocktails and premium wines. It’s more than you would expect from a typical pub, so we are seeking more than just your typical people! If you love people, and are passionate about delivering the ultimate Guest experience, we would love for you to join our team!
Think of it as hosting a party at the Pub every day. The ideal Assistant Manager is present to support their team on the floor and host the party with their Guests. The Assistant Manager shows respect for their teammates, their Guests and the brand’s identity.
What you will do in this role:
- Ensure every Guest leaves happier than when they arrived
- Exemplify and encourage the Pub culture through effective leadership
- Assist in managing shift schedule and control labour costs to meet or exceed brand targets
- Assist General Manager in recruiting, interviewing and hiring new staff
- Oversee the strict application of Pub principles and standards to ensure teammates deliver the ultimate Guest experience
- Assist with the ongoing development of teammates, including ongoing feedback, coaching and Performance Reviews
- Ensure the Pub adheres to all legislative and government guidelines (i.e. proper safe food and beverage service, AGCO, Occupational Health & Safety Act, WHMIS, Human Rights Code, Employment Standards, etc.)
- Adhere to Food Safety guidelines
- Oversee the seamless execution of Local and National Marketing programs
What we are looking for:
- You are passionate about food, beverage and guiding a team to deliver the perfect Guest experience
- You are a leader with the ability to motivate and guide a team
- Minimum 1-2 years of supervisory experience in the Hospitality/ Food and Beverage industry; bonus points for previous training experience
- Superior business acumen, including an understanding of budgets and operating costs
- Excellent communication skills
- Bonus points for post-secondary education in Hospitality
- Understanding of fundamental training principles and adult learning techniques
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and direct others
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Understanding of Pub culture and the ability to role model this behaviour for teammates
- Passion and enthusiasm for developing people and engaging with staff to create a fun atmosphere
What’s in it for you:
- 20% employee discount dining card valid at participating Recipe brands
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment founded on respect
- Ability to work with a close-knit team
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive wages
- Growth and development opportunities within the restaurant
- Career advancement opportunities in a company that owns some of Canada’s most iconic brands.
Interested in this awesome opportunity? Apply online today, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note some opportunities may exist with our Franchise partners, which are independently owned and operated.
Recipe is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Celebrating people, being passionate and curious, owning it, and doing the right thing are the values that guide how we build our teams, support our franchisees and create a company that unlocks the full potential of everyone.
Recipe is dedicated to providing accommodations in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. For individuals that require accommodations please contact email@example.com.