Fionn MacCool's is searching for a Manager
to join our team at Dundas location!
Rich in heritage and tradition, vibrant in culture, generous in hospitality and with social spirit. We make the Pub Guest feel welcome and offer our unique combination of great food, beverage and live music. Our menu is driven by made-in-pub food, offering a balance between traditional Pub fare and innovative recipes. We offer a diverse selection of perfectly poured pints, whiskeys, hand-crafted cocktails and premium wines. It’s more than you would expect from a typical pub, so we are seeking more than just your typical people! If you love people, and are passionate about delivering the ultimate guest experience, we would love for you to join our team!
The General Manager or “The Publican”
Think of it as hosting a party at the Pub every day. The Manager is present to support their team on the floor and host the party with Guests. They are constantly active within their local community and build strong relationships along the way. The GM champions local restaurant Marketing and creating long-term goals for the Pub to ensure continued success. The ideal General Manager shows respect for their teammates, their Guests and the brand’s identity.
What you will do in this role:
- Be responsible for Pub financials and recommendations of action towards profit management, achievement of budgets, sales building and scheduling
- Ensure completion of accurate and timely periodic financial statements for the restaurant with the corporate accountant
- Oversee the hiring and the ongoing development of the Management team including ongoing feedback, coaching and Performance Reviews
- Assist in recruitment for hiring new staff and final interviews
- Encourage and exemplify Pub culture through effective leadership
- Oversee the seamless execution of Local and National Marketing programs
- Oversee the strict application of Pub principles and standards to ensure teammates deliver the ultimate guest experience
- Constantly communicate and provide positive and constructive feedback to your teammates
- Ensure Pub adheres to all legislative and government guidelines (i.e. proper safe food and beverage service, AGCO, Occupational Health & Safety Act, WHMIS, Human Rights Code, Employment Standards, etc.)
What we are looking for:
- Have a passion for food, beverage and guiding a team to deliver the perfect Guest experience
- Proven leader with the ability to build, motivate and direct a team
- Minimum 3-5 years of management experience working in a high-volume dining restaurant, bonus points for previous management experience in a Pub environment
- Bonus points for post-secondary education in culinary, hospitality and/or a business related field
- Superior business acumen, including an understanding of budgets and operating costs
- Extensive knowledge of Pub operations, food and beverage
- Ability and commitment to deliver an authentic Irish Pub experience
- Understanding of Pub culture and the ability to role model this behaviour to teammates
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Passion and enthusiasm for interacting with Guests and engaging with staff to create a fun atmosphere
What’s in it for you:
- 20% employee discount dining card valid at participating Recipe brands
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment founded on respect
- Ability to work with a close-knit team
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive wages
- Growth and development opportunities within the restaurant
- Career advancement opportunities in a company that owns some of Canada’s most iconic brands.
Interested in this awesome opportunity? Apply online today, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note some opportunities may exist with our Franchise partners, which are independently owned and operated.
Recipe is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Celebrating people, being passionate and curious, owning it, and doing the right thing are the values that guide how we build our teams, support our franchisees and create a company that unlocks the full potential of everyone.
Recipe is dedicated to providing accommodations in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. For individuals that require accommodations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.