Recipe Unlimited Corporation is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, St.Hubert, The Keg, Montana’s, Kelseys, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, the Burger’s Priest, The Pickle Barrel & Catering, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Teammates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – we are passionate about our industry, we celebrate and support diversity of thought, we are innately curious and encourage our Teammates to take ownership. Above all else, we believe in doing the right thing for our people, our communities and our planet.
Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing for Montana’s, the Brand Manager for Montana’s will be responsible for the development and execution of national marketing, menu and advertising initiatives to drive the Brand’s Corporate and Franchised sales and Guest traffic. The ideal candidate will play a critical role in strategy, project management, end-to-end execution of marketing campaigns, measuring effectiveness and capturing lessons learned for ongoing continuous improvement of Montana’s Marketing initiatives.
What you will do in this role:
- Proactively develop promotional menus, including strategy, concept/offer, pricing/financials, operational considerations, forecasting oversight, menu printing, communications/promotional support and budget management
- Oversee and lead menu and pricing development and extended gross margin optimization across all channels
- Work with the Corporate Chef to ensure food direction is aligned with brand promise
- Lead and maintain relationships with delivery aggregator partners, defining and executing menu, pricing and promotions.
- Lead the Montana’s CSR efforts, ensuring alignment with Recipe’s CSR commitments
- Conduct thorough and timely post program analysis and evaluation while working collaboratively with the Restaurant Central Operations team
- Carry out research and data analysis to monitor and improve Guest retention and acquisition while keeping up to date with customer trends and predicting future trends
- Oversee local restaurant marketing initiatives
- Support the development of the creative strategy, advertising plan and creative executions working with the ad agency and/or internal team
- Support the development of media strategies and plan annually in partnership with media AORs
- Actively participate in annual business review and strategy plans with cross functional departments i.e Finance, Real Estate, Digital etc.
- Work collaboratively with other Recipe marketing and central teams to maximize synergies across brands and departments
- Provide ongoing coaching and development to direct report
What we are looking for from you:
- University degree, bonus points for BBA or BComm
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Marketing field, bonus points for experience in the Hospitality, Food & Beverage and/or Retail industry
- Brand Management background, bonus points for CPG, Retail etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of creativity with the ability to effectively produce innovative and original ideas
- Ability to evaluate and provide constructive feedback to teammates
- Fact based decision making with exceptional analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Possess high degree of emotional intelligence
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
What’s in it for you?:
- You’d be joining a close-knit, innovative team of creative and energetic go-getters
- You’d be a part of Canada’s largest full-service restaurant company that leads the industry in size and innovation
- 20% associate discount dining card and monthly dining allowance valid at participating Recipe brands
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment founded on respect
- Career advancement opportunities with a company that owns some of Canada’s most iconic restaurant brands
- Industry-leading benefits, wellness programs, and total rewards programs
Recipe is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Celebrating people, being passionate and curious, owning it, and doing the right thing are the values that guide how we build our teams, support our franchisees and create a company that unlocks the full potential of everyone.
Recipe is dedicated to providing accommodations in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. For individuals that require accommodations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.