Recipe Unlimited Corporation is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, St.Hubert, The Keg, Montana’s, Kelseys, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, the Burger’s Priest, The Pickle Barrel & Catering, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Teammates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – we are passionate about our industry, we celebrate and support diversity of thought, we are innately curious and encourage our Teammates to take ownership. Above all else, we believe in doing the right thing for our people, our communities and our planet.
Reporting to the Product Owner, eCommerce, the Analyst, Software Quality Assurance will be responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan for Recipe’s eCommerce systems and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all objectives are met and the solution is executed effectively. The Analyst, Software Quality Assurance will ensure every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issues are identified and adjusted before the product goes live.
What you will do in this role:
- Create and modify automated test scripts for execution against websites and mobile applications
- Execute manual and automated testing for websites and mobile applications in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy and/or external systems
- Create testing plans for all eCommerce applications
- Create and modify manual test scripts for eCommerce and mobile applications
- Document and log all software deficiencies
- Conduct regular reporting for the leadership team regarding issue counts, severity and impact
What we are looking for from you:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant Quality Assurance technical experience with large enterprise or e-business systems
- Bonus points for Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Administration degree
- Solid understanding of relational databases (MySQL), web applications, mobile applications and operations systems
- Experience using JIRA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise test plans and test cases to communicate bugs to developers and other stakeholders
- Creative technical problem solver with the ability to translate technical requirements and specifications to test plans
- Experience in Quality Management Software and Processes
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables while assessing negative defects and bugs quickly
- Excellent analytical, organizational and customer service skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to think outside the box
- Ability to take initiative and ownership
- Knowledge of project management concepts and overall methodology, software development lifecycle and quality assurance techniques
- Experience in technical aspects of software solution being tested
What’s in it for you?:
- You’d be joining a close-knit, innovative team of creative and energetic go-getters
- You’d be a part of Canada’s largest full-service restaurant company that leads the industry in size and innovation
- 20% associate discount dining card and monthly dining allowance valid at participating Recipe brands
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment founded on respect
- Career advancement opportunities with a company that owns some of Canada’s most iconic restaurant brands
- Industry-leading benefits, wellness programs, and total rewards programs
Recipe is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Celebrating people, being passionate and curious, owning it, and doing the right thing are the values that guide how we build our teams, support our franchisees and create a company that unlocks the full potential of everyone.
Recipe is dedicated to providing accommodations in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. For individuals that require accommodations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.