Recipe Unlimited Corporation is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, St.Hubert, The Keg, Montana’s, Kelseys, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, The Pickle Barrel & Catering, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Teammates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – we are passionate about our industry, we celebrate and support diversity of thought, we are innately curious and encourage our Teammates to take ownership. Above all else, we believe in doing the right thing for our people, our communities and our planet.
Reporting into the Director of Operations for Swiss Chalet, the Business Development Manager (BDM) is accountable for key performance indicators including sales, margin and restaurant P&L reports within their region. The BDM is a restaurant’s primary point of contact and is responsible for partnering with Franchise Partners and General Managers (GM) to develop and facilitate the required capabilities to deliver results within their assigned restaurants. The BDM will leverage and evaluate monthly Restaurant Scorecards, which provide a snapshot of the restaurant’s overall health, including Guest satisfaction scores, financial health, food safety, training participation etc. to identify gaps and ensure continuous improvement. The BDM is a Guest experience leader and is responsible for ensuring that the Brand’s standards are executed consistently across the network with particular attention to underperforming restaurants to ensure “every Guest leaves happy” in their region.
What you will do in this role:
- Deliver a perfect Guest experience by spending time in restaurants to observe the overall execution and ambiance
- Deliver effective coaching and feedback to teammates and engage with Guests to assess overall satisfaction
- Establish and build a trusting relationship with Franchise Partners by conducting purpose driven restaurant visits to improve business results across all four pillars of focus
- Lead and champion the delivery, execution and adoption of Recipe Food Safety and Quality standards in stores
- Act as Recipe’s representative in the investigation of high care customer complaints to ensure matters of complaints are appropriately escalated, investigated and resolved to customer satisfaction
- Provide ongoing coaching to Corporate and Franchise Partners to educate and inspire a change in behaviour
- Consistently communicate and share brand standards and available resources to assist Franchise Partners/ GMs in remedying the gaps while conducting your audits
- Conduct Operational Blitz set by the Recipe Leadership team to identify gaps, opportunities and determine root causes in operating standards to ensure overall Guest satisfaction
- Establish clear business goals and financial targets with Franchise Partner/GM
- Liaison between Restaurant Owner and Brand Leadership team to ensure identified issues that are negatively impacting Guest experience metrics are clearly communicated
- Conduct Restaurant Operations Evaluation (ROE) and reviews (Steritech, IT etc.) and provide insights and tools to coach the Franchise Partner/GM to drive business results
- Lead all areas of new restaurant openings and renovations and ensure that new restaurants reach their business goals
- Orchestrate the involvement of subject matter experts and resources to facilitate improved restaurant capability
- Communicate and influence store level buy-in of restaurant ready marketing plans and programs
- Support stores with their local and community store marketing initiatives to improve community engagement
- Coach restaurant leaders how to provide developmental feedback to teammates to increase leadership capabilities within the restaurant while also developing restaurant leaders on their own individual development plans
- Ensure that the region is fully staffed
- Ensure Franchise Partners who are enrolled in the Management Training Program are progressing on schedule and measure the Franchise Partners competence at the critical checkpoints to flag potential gaps/issues
- Ensure that eLearning tasks are accessible to all teammates and completed to promote ongoing growth and development
- Conduct regular reviews of training participation rates leveraging the Axonify metrics on the Restaurant Scorecard and the Axonify dashboard to ensure completion rates and participation rates are met i.e. LTOs, safety blitzes etc.
- Ensure compliance with applicable employment standards, human rights, health and safety and WHMIS
- Ensure effective implementation and compliance of the Steritech and Pest Control Programs
What we are looking for from you:
- University Degree or College Diploma, bonus points for Restaurant and Hospitality Management
- Minimum 5 years of restaurant management experience
- Ability to instill trust in others
- Excellent leadership and facilitation skills with the ability to effectively lead and inspire teams
- Ability to listen actively and respond constructively to Teammates
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to deliver information clearly, concisely and with professionalism
- Self starter, drives for results and innately curious
- Advanced knowledge of New Restaurant Opening Procedures, Renovation Processes, and Budgeting processes
- Intermediate knowledge of Franchise Agreements and Partnerships
- Working knowledge of the Google Workspace
- Ability to travel within assigned region
- Familiarity with technology tools to self-serve reports, Restaurant Scorecards, RMS, Axonify etc.
What’s in it for you?:
- You’d be joining a close-knit, innovative team of creative and energetic go-getters
- You’d be a part of Canada’s largest full-service restaurant company that leads the industry in size and innovation
- 20% employee discount dining card valid at participating Recipe brands
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment founded on respect
- Career advancement opportunities with a company that owns some of Canada’s most iconic restaurant brands
- Industry-leading benefits, wellness programs, and total rewards programs
Recipe is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Celebrating people, being passionate and curious, owning it, and doing the right thing are the values that guide how we build our teams, support our franchisees and create a company that unlocks the full potential of everyone.
Recipe is dedicated to providing accommodations in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. For individuals that require accommodations please contact email@example.com.