Recipe Unlimited Corporation is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, St.Hubert, The Keg, Montana’s, Kelseys, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, The Pickle Barrel & Catering, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Teammates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – we are passionate about our industry, we celebrate and support diversity of thought, we are innately curious and encourage our Teammates to take ownership. Above all else, we believe in doing the right thing for our people, our communities and our planet.
Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, Swiss Chalet, the Director of Marketing holds the shared responsibility for the development and execution of brand strategy, pricing and offer strategy, campaign planning, advertising and media buying, e-commerce and partnerships. Your primary focus will be to grow the brand through the building of Brand Equity, developing industry-leading programs and content, nurturing Brand loyalty, growing market share and ultimately driving Corporate and Franchisee profitability.
What you will do in this role:
- Lead the development of the annual marketing calendar, working with external agencies, cross-functional partners, and the Head of Marketing
- Proactively develop programs and campaigns to retain, grow, and acquire key Guest segments, including strategy, concept/offer, pricing/financials, operational considerations, communications support, budget management, and key performance indicators to measure campaign effectiveness
- Lead the development of media strategies (mix, allocation, and placement) and oversee annual media planning, in partnership with media AOR and the Head of Marketing
- Manage the marketing budget and support the Head of Marketing in overall profit and loss management for the Brand
- Conduct thorough and timely post-program analysis and evaluation to apply lessons learned and identify opportunities to improve future campaign performance and effectiveness (ROI, Net Sales, Margin)
- Oversee the development and management of digital media (organic social media accounts, influencer relationships, paid digital, SEM/SEO, web) and Public Relations as key pillars to establish Brand Voice and Equity in the marketplace
- Oversee the development and management of CRM strategy and calendar (email marketing, automated email trigger programs, mobile app push notifications, and consumer journeys), to drive frequency, increase transaction value, optimize offer management, and build brand loyalty
- Oversee the Brand’s website and ecommerce platforms (including the Swiss Chalet mobile app, ordering website, and third-party delivery partners), in partnership with the central Web, IT, and Call Center Teams
- Lead and manage a variety of best-in-class Agency and Vendor partners, to achieve Brand objectives in addition to leading and managing external Brand Partnerships (food and beverage partners, loyalty partners, research partners, etc.), in partnership with the central Sourcing and Beverage Teams
- Play a critical role in Brand Insights and Research to track and measure brand equity and brand drivers against key growth segments, overall category share growth and category trends
- Lead, inspire, and develop a team of fantastic direct reports, aligning with Recipe’s values, leadership competencies, and performance management cycle
What we are looking for from you:
- University Degree, bonus points for BBA, BCom or MBA
- Minimum of 7 years of Brand Management or Marketing experience
- Excellent knowledge of Advertising best practices and latest trends
- Ability to anticipate future trends and forecast impacts
- Excellent critical thinking, strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated people management and coaching experience, with the ability to provide challenging and stretching tasks to promote growth and development
- Effective priority-setter with the ability to zero in on the critical tasks that are important
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Excels in variety of communication settings and styles, with an insight to action driven approach
- Ability to delegate to and influence peers, partners, vendors, and franchisees across different business functions (including Operations, Purchasing, IT, Finance, etc.)
- Excellent leadership and facilitation skills with the ability to effectively inspire people and partners while building a positive team culture
- A drive to be curious, test, and learn!
- Bonus points for Restaurant, CPG, or Retail experience
What’s in it for you?:
- You’d be joining a close-knit, innovative team of creative and energetic go-getters
- You’d be a part of Canada’s largest full-service restaurant company that leads the industry in size and innovation
- 20% employee discount dining card valid at participating Recipe brands
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment founded on respect
- Career advancement opportunities with a company that owns some of Canada’s most iconic restaurant brands
- Industry-leading benefits, wellness programs, and total rewards programs
Recipe is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Celebrating people, being passionate and curious, owning it, and doing the right thing are the values that guide how we build our teams, support our franchisees and create a company that unlocks the full potential of everyone.
Recipe is dedicated to providing accommodations in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. For individuals that require accommodations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.